- 1 scoop (30gm) Tru Supplements Blueberry Muffin Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup (30gm) Gluten-free Powder (I used Lodi Lupin all purpose flour)
- 2-4 tsp Stevia Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 TB Milled Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 TB Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp White VinegarMakes 1 single serving cakeMacros 33p/7f/36c w/o frosting
Protein Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/3 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 TB White Chocolate Sugar Free Fat Free Jello Pudding Mix (sub Vanilla flavor)
- 2-3 TB Unsweetened Almond or Coconut MilkMakes 1 generous servingMacros 7p/2f/4c
To make the cake, mix all the wet ingredients together, except for the white vinegar. Add the milled flaxseed to the wet mixture and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Gradually add your dry mix to your wet mix and combine into a fluffy batter. Then add the white vinegar to the batter, mixing throughly. You’ll notice the batter becomes even fluffier.
Prep a microwave safe mug or bowl with non-stick cooking spray and spread the batter evenly inside. Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Some microwaves are stronger than others. So check to see if your cake is firm around the edges, yet a bit soft in the center. If it needs more time, cook in 30 second increments (For reference, mine was done in 2 min 30 sec. So it shouldn’t take much time at all).
This cake tastes amazing all by itself, but the protein frosting takes it to the next level! It is so quick and easy to make, you can put it together while you cake is “baking” in the microwave. I highly recommend you try it! Let your cake cool throughly before frosting (at least 20 minutes). Pro Tip: Pop it in the freezer to cool it down even faster you’re impatient like me!
To make this high-protein frosting, mix the vanilla protein powder with the white chocolate Jello pudding mix (most of the Jello brand Sugar Free Fat Free pudding mixes are accidentally vegan) in a small bowl. If you can’t find the white chocolate flavor, vanilla flavor would work well too. Mix in the unsweetened milk in 1 TB at a time. You just want to add enough to create a creamy paste – like real frosting. Use a spatula to frost your cake like a pro!